Effective on April 13, 2017
Why We Handle Your Personal Information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to provide our services to you and to manage our business, including:
· to enable you to download and use our mobile application;
· to create a personal login and account for you on our website or mobile application;
· to provide you with access to our online marketplace;
· to register your personal user preferences on our website or mobile application;
· to get in touch with you in response to your queries;
· to charge our fees;
· to contact you for any technical, product or website related support;
· to send you information about our services, or the services of any third party, that we think may be of interest to you;
· to develop and maintain our business systems and infrastructure;
· for research and development;
· to develop training materials for our staff;
· for any purpose required or permitted by law;
· for any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented; and
· for any purpose that you would otherwise reasonably expect.
Collecting Personal Information
We will collect your personal information through our interactions with you, including:
· when you download and use our mobile application;
· when you sign up for an online account with us and interact with us through our website;
· when you conduct transactions through our website or mobile application;
· when you contact us for technical, product or website related support; and
· when you want us to answer your queries related to our products and services.
Wherever we can, we collect your personal information directly from you. However, where it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so we may collect your personal information from third parties such as individuals with whom you transact on our platforms, or publically available sources such as the White Pages.
We may collect personal information about you when you engage with our website, such as through site performance indicators, analytics and advertising cookies, social network sign-ins, widgets and buttons, third party polling and surveys and other embedded content on our website.
We may access personal information from your mobile device when you download and use our mobile application from the Apple Store or Google Play store, including your Apple Store or Google Play account details and other data stored on your mobile device such as photos and address books where you consent to that access.
Using and Disclosing Personal Information
We will only use and disclose your personal information for purposes communicated to you at the time of collection, for purposes you would reasonably expect, for purposes directly related to our business activities, for purposes required or permitted by law and for any purpose for which you have consented. We may disclose your personal information to third parties including our related companies, agents, contractors, business partners and suppliers, government or regulatory authorities, our external service providers, and other parties where you have consented or where required or authorised by law.
We may use your personal information to send you advertising and promotional material, including that of third parties, that is customised to your interests, preferences or location. We may also provide your personal information to other organisations for this purpose. You may opt out of receiving marketing information from us at any time by following the instruction in the marketing communication or otherwise by contacting us.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we collect and hold against loss, interference, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. These steps include password protection for all of our IT systems. If you have any questions, you can always contact us at email@example.com. When we are no longer required to hold your personal information, it is destroyed in a secure manner or de-identified.
You may contact us to request access to the personal information that we hold about you at any time by using the details set out below. We will respond to your request for access within a reasonable time.
Please bear in mind that under the Privacy Act, there may be situations where we cannot provide access to your personal information, such as if it would affect someone else’s privacy, or may pose a threat to someone’s life, health or safety. If we refuse to give you access to any of your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and the provisions of the Privacy Act that we rely on to refuse access. You can contact our Customer Service if you would like to challenge our decision to refuse access.
We may recover the reasonable costs of our response to a request for access to personal information.
We do what we can to keep your personal information up to date, complete and accurate at all times. Where we believe that personal information that we hold requires correction, we will take reasonable steps to correct it. You may also request that we correct the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the details set out below, and we will endeavour to assist you.
Questions and Complaints
Postal Address: GPO Box 5218 SYDNEY NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Our contact details are:
Postal Address: Level 9, 75 King St, Sydney NSW 2000